There are so many wannabe fake trainers out there. So, how do you know if yours is the real deal? That is the sixty four thousand dollar question. Knowledge is power, but most who are hiring a trainer assume and expect them to know their stuff, however this is not always the case.
There are six main questions to ask that will be tell-tale signs exposing your new or existing trainer.
1. What is the difference between whey protein isolate, and whey protein? Answer... Whey protein isolate has a higher protein content which facilitates and speeds up post workout recovery.
2. How many metabolisms does your body have and what is the main difference between the two? There are two metabolisms which are defined as free fatty acid, and glucose. Answer... The main difference between the two is that when utilizing glucose metabolism, sugar is the main energy source. When utilizing free fatty acid metabolism, fat is the main energy source.
3. What are triglycerides? Answer... A type of fat stored on the body that can be dangerous if levels get too high, otherwise can be a good source of energy
4. How many calories does one gram of protein, carbohydrate, and fat have? Answer... protein = 4 calories, Carbohydrates = 4 calories, fat = 9 calories
5. Why does doing more than 30 minutes of cardio at one time get you in worse shape? Answer... Because the body starts burning a higher proportion of lean weight (muscle).
6. What is lactic acid? Answer... It's a byproduct of exercise, in addition a built in defense mechanism to keep you from overtraining.
Stay tuned for more truth talking…
The Truth Talker (Leo Costa Jr)